Teach Defenses to Targets of Assaults.
Rape, Bullying, Sexual Assaults, and on to Cultural and Religious Sexual Abuse, Girls' Genital Mutilation
Women, Children, any Powerless, Assaulted.
B. Are we hard-wired to entrench privilege and supremacism by abusing others; or can information, changes in laws, also change behavior. Can we teach the physical defenses including martial arts, role-playing dialogues when confronted with an abuser or date-raper, teach in order to spot the problem before it is too late, and defend. Teach the Well Placed Knee. The Scream at the person bothering you. A polite child will be polite. Teach time, place, manner. And fast acting for legal help. FN 1
Defense and information training to the powerless: would that be a deterrent to abuse. Can you teach the moves, teach for motivation.
1. Self-education, even with issues usually denied a public forum
- Learn the practices, how it is done. Female mutilation is far worse than the simple nip-off suggested by the New York Times.It is the removal of the entire organ, not just some fantasy idea of some kind of tip, at http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/world/africa/movement-to-end-genital-cutting-spreads-in-senegal.html?scp=2&sq=female%20genital%20mutilation&st=cse
- Parts are sliced, sewn in the child, leaving no room for expansion and accommodation of the birth process in the adult. Imagine a birth with those conditions in remote areas, or where doctors will not interfere.
B. Root of the Problem.
The corporate, institutional and individual bully.
Scrutinize the emotional, productivity and family cost of social, sexual entitlement. The Bully operates in multiple arenas outside the schoolyard. Is it true that most bullies have cultural and religious permission? Once an issue is framed, an orthodoxy swallowed, it is difficult for most people to dare to challenge a position once taken. NRA -- it has taken decades for it to frame their marketing interest in gun sales and profits from instruction, as a Second Amendment issue. Now that the financial motivation is being publicized, and funds offshore, and its own banks, will people get off the Second Amendment idea? Not likely, or easily.
We finally think we have identified this drowning cleric and the reason for his predicament.
And clergy molesting on and on. Will the institution ever see itself as others see it.
- Arrogance of power and related issues; sexual "escapades" for the man http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2011/05/18/are-french-women-more-tolerant/the-arrogance-of-power?scp=3&sq=rape&st=Search. Add Wall of Shame at http://www.wherestheoutrage.org/wallofshame.php; IMF corporate culture; and Dominique Strauss-Kahn. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/business/20fund.html?ref=todayspaper.
- Information as defense; affirmation of the target's ability to defend, take action, when allowed. Women in War Dare to scream, make a scene. Life: Breath In; not conception. Accordingly, your life, as you breathe, comes first. Your breathing is your life; or the Zygote's cellular movement is not for purposes of ranking priority. Why must one person's adopted dogma control another's path.
For the child. Abuse kills the mind, as well as the body. For the young, the dating. So does date rape.